A.P.E. offers part time internships and off campus work study. Summer internships are part time and require regular weekend hours and include a small stipend. Interns receive hands-on experience in the day to day operations of A.P.E. that include the following:
- Exhibition and event planning and promotion
- artist and affiliate project relations
- Gallery staffing and artist receptions
- Box office and production assistance at 33 Hawley
- Marketing and social media
- installation and de-installation of exhibitions
- non-profit arts administration
Interns will be selected on the basis of their interest in contemporary art, and arts administration. Initiative and openness to team work are essential, as is a willingness to participate in all aspects of gallery management.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Most internships are scheduled on a fall, spring, and summer term basis with a commitment of 3-6 months. Academic credit can be arranged with sponsoring institutions.
A.P.E. welcomes volunteers to help organize and staff events and openings, staff the gallery, advertise events, manage the box office, and assist in the day to day operations of A.P.E's spaces. We also welcome the 'in kind' donations of expertise and material.
We invite you to get involved. We will provide opportunities for you to see performances for free in exchange for your help. Interested in volunteering? Please contact Kathy Couch or Mollye Maxner.
If you are emailing please include in the body of the email:
1. Name and daytime phone
2. How often you want to volunteer (every week, a few times a month)
3. If you are available evening or daytime, and weekday or weekend
4. Which of these tasks you are interested in: box office, advertising, hanging artwork, office work, maintenance and cleaning, photography, gallery sitting, special events.