A.P.E. offers part time internships and off campus work study for credit and non-credit. Summer internships are part time and require regular weekend hours and include a small stipend. Interns receive hands-on experience in the day to day operations of A.P.E. that include the following:
- Exhibition and event planning and promotion
- artist and affiliate project relations
- Gallery staffing and artist receptions
- Marketing and social media
- installation and de-installation of exhibitions
- non-profit arts administration
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Most internships are scheduled on a fall, spring, and summer term basis with a commitment of 3-6 months. Academic credit can be arranged with sponsoring institutions.
Academic year 2020-21 positions are open. Summer internships for 2020 are no longer available. Review of applications will begin in July. Individuals interested in applying should contact Lisa Thompson at 413.586-5553 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send a letter of interest, resume and two recent references. Interviews are required.
A.P.E. welcomes volunteers to help organize and staff events and openings, staff the gallery, advertise events, manage the box office, and assist in the day to day operations of A.P.E's spaces. We also welcome the 'in kind' donations of expertise and material.
We invite you to get involved. We will provide opportunities for you to see performances for free in exchange for your help. Interested in volunteering? Please contact Lisa Thompson at email@example.com or 413.586.5553.
If you are emailing please include in the body of the email:
1. Name and daytime phone
2. How often you want to volunteer (every week, a few times a month)
3. If you are available evening or daytime, and weekday or weekend
4. Which of these tasks you are interested in: box office, advertising, hanging artwork, office work, maintenance and cleaning, photography, gallery sitting, special events.